This list of key estate planning documents will help you determine whether or not you have everything you need to protect your family and your assets.
- Designates guardian for minor children.
- Directs the disposition of property owned at death.
- Designates personal representative to oversee the administration and disposition of property.
Power of Attorney for Property
- Names person responsible for managing assets and handling financial affairs in the event of incapacity or death.
Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- Names person responsible for making healthcare decisions in the event of incapacity.
Advance Healthcare Directive or Living Will
- Your written instructions regarding medical procedures that prolong life.
- Designates beneficiaries of your retirement plan and life insurance policy.