Complex financial family law cases
Represents individuals in every aspect of a case, including trials, evidentiary hearings, mediation, and collaborative cases.
Advises clients in every aspect of family law, and handles cases involving contract interpretation; the intersection of family law with: corporate law, probate law, intellectual property, real property law, water law, and, partnership law.
Lori is a trained mediator with extensive mediation experience.
Organized the first Women’s Law Caucus scholarship lecture with a panel who presented the Gender and Justice Task Force Report.
University of Utah, S. J. Quinney College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah, J.D., 1992
- National Moot Court Team, member and regional semi finalist
University of Utah, B.S., Philosophy, 1989
Utah State Bar:
- President, Utah State Bar, 2012-2013
- Past Chair, Family Law Section Executive Committee
- Needs of Children Committee
- Bar Commissioner, Third Division, 2005-2011
- Co-Chair, Governmental Relations Committee and Legislative Liaison
- Member, Judicial Council Standing Committee on Children and Family Law, 2000-2009
- Utah State Bar representative on Utah State Judicial Council
- Member, Salt Lake County and American Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section Council, representing Region 5 (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas)
- Member, CLE Committee;Chair, Trial Practice and Techniques Committee
Member, Collaborative Family Lawyers of Utah
Member, Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake
Born, Provo, Utah, 1959
Lori loves cooking, photography, fishing, hiking, cooking, reading, and Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, and more cooking, among other things.
Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2003-2012
Family Law Lawyer of the Year, 2001-2002
Utah Business Magazine, Legal Elite, 2006-2010, 2013
Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007-2012