- Estates and Trusts
- Corporate and Securities
- Business Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Taxation, with distinction, 2014
- Creighton University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
- Creighton Law Review: Senior Editor
- Southern Utah University, M.S., Accounting, 2009
- Southern Utah University, B.S., Accounting, 2008
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016 & 2017
James Judd's practice focuses in the areas of tax, trusts and estates, and business formation, planning, and restructuring. He assists clients in understanding the tax implications for business and personal endeavors and creating a structure for such endeavors in a manner to minimize or eliminate adverse tax implications. James is well-versed in both income tax and estate tax laws.
James frequently assists clients with tax and business planning, estate planning, asset protection planning, probate, tax controversies, as well as business restructuring, mergers & acquisitions, and business financing.
- Snow Christensen & Martineau, Utah, Tax and Estate Planning Attorney
- Baker & Hostetler, Washington D.C., Private Wealth Planning Intern
- Heidman Law Firm, Iowa, Attorney
- Honorable Laurie Smith Camp, U.S. District Court, Nebraska, Judicial Extern
Publications and Presentations
- Publication: The Evolution of Estate Planning, Utah State Bar Journal, January/February 2015.
- Presentation: Medicare and Medicaid Planning, Financial Planning Association of Utah 8th Annual Symposium, September 23, 2016.
- Presentation: Domestic Asset Protection Planning, Utah State Bar Convention, July 8, 2016.
- Presentation: Domestic Self-Settled Asset Protection Trusts, Financial Planning Association of Utah 7th Annual Symposium, September 25, 2015.
- Presentation: Inherited IRAs and Asset Protection, Financial Planning Association of Utah Chapter Meeting, January 14, 2015.
- Presentation: Estate Planning for Estates under $10 Million, Financial Planning Association of Utah 6th Annual Symposium, September 12, 2014.