St. George Office
Healthcare Law (Fraud and Abuse)
- Focuses research and analysis on state and federal healthcare fraud and abuse law, specifically including the Stark law, the Anti-Kickback statute, the False Claims Act and related provisions under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Analyzes compensation arrangements between physicians, medical staff, and healthcare providers and helps clients navigate the complicated state and federal regulatory issues that arise when structuring transactions involving hospitals and other providers.
- Developes cross border sales strategies and accompanying policies for multinational corporations.
- Advises multiple US companies looking to expand into Asia, Latin America, and Europe, in the areas of permanent establishment, employment, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales, and investment vehicle selection
- Helps clients implement complex tax strategies as they further their expansion goals, which has included putting together intercompany transfer pricing agreements along with technology and intellectual property license agreements
- Drafts memoranda, license agreements, employment contracts, intercompany agreements, and corporate documents.
- Assists in answering general business law questions for Jones Waldo's corporate clients. These questions include everything from human resources matters to issues regarding the protection of intellectual property to general transactional matters.
- Designed and implemented a cross border sales strategy for a multi-million dollar hobby craft company, which sought to expand its business presence in the EU. This project entailed not only designing the strategy, but also drafting the legal documents and policies to facilitate its successful implementation.
University of California, San Diego, School of International Relations and Pacific Studies, Master’s of Pacific International Affairs, 2004
- Graduated with honors
Asia-America Institute in Transnational Law, University of Hong Kong, 1998
Duke University, School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, J.D., 2000
- Focused on international corporate law
Pepperdine University, Malibu, California, B.A., Political Science, 1997
- Graduated magna cum laude
More than 15 years of legal research and analysis in international law and federal regulatory issues
Lecturer, International Business Law Topics
Member, Southern Utah Estate Planning Council
Member, California State Bar
Born in San Diego, California, Ms. Naegeli has lived and studied all over the world, including Italy, Greece, Egypt, Israel and Hong Kong. She enjoys international travel, cooking, hiking and being outdoors in beautiful Southern Utah.
*Not licensed in Utah. Licensed in California.