Commercial Real Estate
- Representation of shopping center and other real estate developers and owners in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing and sale of properties nationwide.
- Representation of national retailers, particularly grocery and drug store chains, such as Albertson’s, CVS, Longs Drugs, and Safeway.
- Leasing of shopping centers, offices, and warehouses, representing both landlords and tenants.
- Negotiation, documentation, and closing of commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence assistance and resolution of title issues.
- Drafting of CCRs and development agreements, while seeking to identify and address potential problems before they arise, maximizing long-term property values, and retaining flexibility and control over site plans, design, and uses.
- Began legal career in 1995, in-house at American Stores Company (American Stores Properties, Inc.), which owned Lucky, Jewel, Acme, Savon, Osco, and Star Market stores, handling sales of excess properties, subleases, lease amendments, property administration matters and disputes, SNDAs, estoppel certificates, and in-store concessions and licensing of banks, restaurants, telecommunication facilities, etc.
- Jones Waldo Holbrook & McDonough, PC: 2012-Present, Attorney
- Miller Geyer & Stewart, P.C., 2011-12: Shareholder
- Ward Miller & Geyer, 2005-10: Attorney
- Geyer & Miller, 2000-05: Attorney
- American Stores Properties, Inc., 1995-99: Staff Attorney
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah: J.D. 1994
- William H. Leary Scholar
- American Jurisprudence Award for Constitutional Law
- University of California, Berkeley: B.A., 1990
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Born in Sacramento, California
- Raised in Walnut Creek, CaliforniaExchange student, University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, U.K, 1988-89
- Living in Salt Lake City since 1991
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers